- Lord of the Logos: Designing the Metal Underground: “Christophe Szpajdel’s dynamic logo design has helped set a distinct visual tone for heavy metal. Pulling from nature and the art deco, Szpajdel creates strong typographic identities, and with them hordes of fans among the metal faithful.” Thx Cousin Lymon.
- Online Status Anxiety: “The one shared feature that I’m most interested in is also a little disturbing: the tendency of the social software to quantify our social life. Facebook doesn’t just let us connect with our friends: it counts our friends. Twitter doesn’t just allow us to aggregate a stream of chatter: it measures our social reach.”
- Your Computer Really Is a Part of You | Wired Science | Wired.com: Study concludes that Heidegger’s “ready to hand” concept applies to computers. (Ready to hand = “People don’t notice familiar, functional tools, but instead “see through” them to a task at hand, for precisely the same reasons that one doesn’t think of one’s fingers while tying shoelaces. The tools are us.”)
- What Does an Organic Label Mean? » Sociological Images: The specific wording, and where on the package the statement is placed, is an indication of just how “organic” the product might be:
- Where does your dairy come from? Look it up on this website.: As in, what farm it comes from. BB link.
These links compiled via delicious, and repurposed here with plug-in Postalicious. Not enough stuff? Not the stuff you wanted? Try visiting unconsumption.tumblr.com, murketing.tumblr.com, and/or the Consumed Facebook page.