Posted Under: Things/Thinking
- Ben Greenman writes about a smiling mug. (“This object is best known from its appearance in the 1939 film No News From The Navy, a comedy starring James Wilton as a hapless midshipman who cannot set aside his seafaring ways, even when he is confined to dry land as a result of an injury….”). For sale here.
- Mark Frauenfelder writes about a miniature brandy bottle. (“Matt saw the tiny blue bottle on the third step of the main entrance to the Los Angeles Central Library. It was next to a sleeping man, obviously homeless. … “). For sale here.
These join yesterday’s first-round entries:
- Luc Sante writes about a Sanka ashtray, for sale here.
- Lucinda Rosenfeld writes about a cow-shaped creamer, for sale here.
- Annie Nocenti writes about a small JFK bust, for sale here.
- Matthew Battles writes about a Candyland labyrinth game, for sale here.
- Lydia Millet writes about a chili-cat figurine, for sale here.
Read a story or two, they’re really great. And leave a comment on the Significant Objects blog. And bid on something! Even with the bids so far, these Objects are a Significant steal! (Remember, the money goes to the writer.)
Thanks for the help & support…