- New Google Phone Service Whispers Targeted Ads Directly Into Users’ Ears: Onion video.
- Here Comes The Only Real iPhone Killer: Specifically, it’s an elaborate hammer. Ha.
- the liberation mythology of the internet.: “This mythology is founded on a sweeping historical revisionism that conjures up an imaginary predigital world – a world of profound physical and economic constraints – from which the web is now liberating us. We were enslaved, and now we are saved. In a bizarrely fanciful twist, the digital world is presented as a “natural” counterpoint to the supposed artificiality of the physical world.”
- Judith Shulevitz on the Radical Idea of the Sabbath: “Q: Is Twitter killing God’s idea?”
- Advertising and pharmaceutical prices: “The classic Chicago School result was that advertising for eyeglasses lowered prices, due to increased competition. It doesn’t seem the same is true for pharmaceuticals.” Research cited.
These links compiled via delicious, and repurposed here with plug-in Postalicious. Not enough stuff? Not the stuff you wanted? Try visiting unconsumption.tumblr.com, murketing.tumblr.com, and/or the Consumed Facebook page.